Question Experience Using Corsair PSU

Indra Constantine

Commendable
Nov 4, 2021
On April 28, 2023 I purchased a Corsair CX750F RGB Fully Modular PSU and this PSU DIED on December 11, 2023.

My component can't boot into BIOS/SCREEN, it's stuck on the RED LIGHT CPU on the motherboard. (I've tried it with my friend's PSU and all my components are normal except the PSU)

The warranty period was still active and I claimed this warranty, they said this product was "discontinued" and I was advised to upgrade to the Corsair RM750E and I had to spend another $22.63.

I just want to ask is this PSU good "Corsair RM750E CP-9020262"?

My Component:
PSU: Corsair RM750E CP-9020262
GPU: MSI Armor GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel i3-10105F
Motherboard: MSI H510M - A PRO
MEMORY: 2x8 16GB RAM
STORAGE: 1x SSD NVME, 2x HDD 7200RPM, 1x SSD SATA
OTHER: 4x 12cm RGB FAN, 1x Capture Card, 2x USB Mouse & Keyboard, 1x Bluetooth, 2x Monitor 24", 1x USB Sound Card, 1x Audio Headset

BIOS Setting: Default
BIOS Version: 7D22v3A - Release Date: 2022-07-27

Solution
Yes, the RMe series is vastly better than the CXf series. Significantly better. The RMe series isn't as good as the RMx or RM models, but it's definitely much better than what you had. I'd say it's worth the extra 22 bucks although if they discontinued the product and did not keep enough reserve RMA product on hand to cover potential warranty needs, that ought to be their fault, not yours, and they should have given you the upgrade for free in that event. But, since you paid for it already, I'd at least verify with them that you get full warranty for the new product since you had to pay the premium for a different, new product.
Yes, the RMe series is vastly better than the CXf series. Significantly better. The RMe series isn't as good as the RMx or RM models, but it's definitely much better than what you had. I'd say it's worth the extra 22 bucks although if they discontinued the product and did not keep enough reserve RMA product on hand to cover potential warranty needs, that ought to be their fault, not yours, and they should have given you the upgrade for free in that event. But, since you paid for it already, I'd at least verify with them that you get full warranty for the new product since you had to pay the premium for a different, new product.

Solution

Indra Constantine

Commendable
Nov 4, 2021
Yes, they said "the warranty continues", thank you for the answer, I hope this PSU can survive, not like the last one.

Totally not true.

CXf is bronze. RMe is Gold.

CXf has 5 year warranty. RMe has 7 year warranty.

Modular board arrangement is completely different.

RMe has zero RPM mode. CXf does not.

They are not even the same ATX version, with the older RM750e being ATX v2.53 and newer version being ATX 3.0 compliant, and the CX750f being ATX v2.4.

All of which is based off the information readily available on the Corsair website.

Cybenetics indicates a number of other differences as well.

Considering there are no reputable reviews of EITHER of these models, that is all there is to go by that I can see, so, even if they are the same "platform", there are very significant differences between the two models.