Experts Help Cpu Overheating!

hekmatb

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello, I posted a thread before that my pc would get to 70-80 while doing nothing like chrome only and skype, someone suggested me to change the thermal paste which i did but the problem is i saw no improvement I would still get the same thing even someones it goes to 80-84 while i watch streams. What could be the problem the fan ??

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon (tm) HD
Graphics 3.20
Ram 6GB

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It sounds like you may have a paste problem, are you using good quality (Artic Silver) thermal paste? Just in case, here is the recommended application method. Also review the troubleshooting section , as it explains very common reasons for overheating.
It sounds like you may have a paste problem, are you using good quality (Artic Silver) thermal paste? Just in case, here is the recommended application method. Also review the troubleshooting section , as it explains very common reasons for overheating.

Solution

Confused... Is your problem solved? If it isn't and you feel that you've reapplied correctly, the next step is to ensure your CPU fan stays at its max. This can be achieved by turning off Cool 'n Quiet, which then should open/enable an option to specify fan speed. I don't know what your motherboard model is, but C'nQ is an AMD feature, so you should see it in your BIOS/UEFI.