ThunderChild

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2004

I keep getting a 0 extended contiguous memory error when I
launch a game, this game used to work so how do I set the
memory allocation to allow extended memory I have 512Mb RAM

R.click my computer,properties,advanced,virtual-memory,click on the
"change button",L.click C: drive,select."let windows manage",click
set 2X,close-out.

"Thunderchild" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting a 0 extended contiguous memory error when I
> launch a game, this game used to work so how do I set the
> memory allocation to allow extended memory I have 512Mb RAM

Does this game have a name? Is the game made for DOS, Windows 95/98 or XP?

ThunderChild

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2004

wrote in message
>>I keep getting a 0 extended contiguous memory error when
>> launch a game, this game used to work so how do I set
the
>> memory allocation to allow extended memory I have 512Mb
RAM

>Does this game have a name? Is the game made for DOS,
Windows 95/98 or XP?

>.
>The Game is TimeLapse and was written for Win95

set compatibility of this program to win 95 with the software compatible
wizard, if this does not work the game has issues with WinXP

"ThunderChild" wrote:

> [...]

The game needs extended memory, but some program or
setting is taking all the extended memory

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

As you were told, use Compatibility Mode.