Question Extender only connects to some devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2020
Hi guys, I’ve been trying to find an answer to my problem for days and haven’t had any luck! Here’s my setup:
Main modem/router is an Xfinity gateway, model TG3482G, in the living room.
Wifi extender is a Netgear EX6200, in the bathroom between the living room and bedroom.
I have an HP laptop, iPhone 11, and original PS4 in my bedroom.
Here’s my problem. So the extender has been working perfectly for my PlayStation, laptop and iPhone while in my bedroom for about two years now. But as of a few days ago, I can’t get it to connect to my PS4 at all, and when I connect on my iPhone I can only use certain apps. My laptop and my boyfriend’s Galaxy S9 connect perfectly fine. I also can’t access the router through the Netgear portal on any device, unless I reset the extender and go through the setup, but once I get to the last step it times out. Any idea why these devices suddenly can’t connect? The extender has the latest firmware, I’ve power cycled and reset everything. When I contacted Comcast they said they couldn’t help me because my router supposedly doesn’t support range extenders. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I’ve been losing my mind over this for days.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Try using Wifi Analyser (any should be OK) from the Google Play store to see how strong the signal for each of the networks.
I'm actually having problems with my extender Netgear EX7000 (AC1900). It keeps not synching with my router. I think I'm going to have to run an ethernet cable between them.
Or I could do it with a PoE kit.

Oct 4, 2020
I don’t think it’s a signal strength issue, everything has been in the same spot for the entire two years I’ve had the extender, and I haven’t changed anything in my network in months. It just all of a sudden doesn’t want to connect. I want to switch to a powerline adapter, I know that’s what everyone swears by, but they don’t work in my crappy old apartment.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Is it a problem with both 2.4 and 5.0 bands?
Does the extender synch with the router through wps?
Can you pick up all the router and extender bands?
Have you set passwords for the router bands?
What strengths (in dbm) are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.