Apr 6, 2022
Hi all i need some help from some1 that is good with computers and has some knowledge about external graphics card. If some1 can help in any way pls let me know.
My laptop is bussiness laptop HP Probook 450 g7 i7a 10th gen. Graphics card i have is integrated and is called intel smth family. I checked on my friends gaming laptop who seems to have same graphics i have and nvidia geforce smth.

I checked difference between my display and his display memory where mine is 128 and his from nvidia is around 4000 which i suppose plays the part in what games can u run.
My biggest problem is that i wanna play valorant and im forced to play it on my friends laptop unless i fix or upgrade mine(cant sell it since i cant buy new laptop. I have limited cash.)

On site "can i run it" it says my laptop has minimum but it's impossible to play screen moves 'cos after i move the mouse after like 5 seconds its impossible to play.
Anyways i went on exploring and found that i theoretically should be able to use external graphics card since i have intel cpu and thunderbolt port. But i heard i have to find the external graphics card that is compatible with my laptop. How do i find that and how do i not make mistake and pay for smth that cant work with my laptop ?
I hope some1 can help. Please.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

my friends gaming laptop
You need to mention the make and model of your friend's laptop. An SKU will help us identify the laptop's specs better.

The laptop's model you've included is this;
https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06475016
Of that list, which GPU do you have on it? An SKU to your laptop could help us narrow down it's specs.

If you're on Windows(OS) you might want use GPU-Z to show you what your GPU on the laptop is, whether it's with a discrete or an iGPU alone or both.

Mind sharing an image of the ports you have access to on your laptop? That listing above doesn't state you to have a Thunderbolt port. FYI, a Type-C port isn't exactly a Thunderbolt port.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

my friends gaming laptop
You need to mention the make and model of your friend's laptop. An SKU will help us identify the laptop's specs better.

The laptop's model you've included is this;
https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06475016
Of that list, which GPU do you have on it? An SKU to your laptop could help us narrow down it's specs.

If you're on Windows(OS) you might want use GPU-Z to show you what your GPU on the laptop is, whether it's with a discrete or an iGPU alone or both.

Mind sharing an image of the ports you have access to on your laptop? That listing above doesn't state you to have a Thunderbolt port. FYI, a Type-C port isn't exactly a Thunderbolt port.

Solution