Question External hard drive enclosure

Smoker_2

Honorable
Apr 5, 2017
Yes I got a 256 gig mush kin tractor and a 1t hard drive i took from my laptop because i put a Samson evo pro 500gig in placed that into my laptop i got a 2 terabyte external hard drive with the EVO. But i want to use the other two drives what is a good hard drive enclosure to buy brand name My budget is $25 or i can save another week then it be $50 my payee only gives me 30 a week to work with but i can save up

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
Yes I got a 256 gig mush kin tractor and a 1t hard drive i took from my laptop because i put a Samson evo pro 500gig in placed that into my laptop i got a 2 terabyte external hard drive with the EVO. But i want to use the other two drives what is a good hard drive enclosure to buy brand name My budget is $25 or i can save another week then it be $50 my payee only gives me 30 a week to work with but i can save up
I just bought a 5 dollar usb 3.0 2.5 inch enclosure on ebay new, its done me just fine so far never had a problem with it. Its pretty fast too for being external.
The 3.5 inch ones are the most expensive, those you'd have to fork over atleast 30 dollars.

I've bought a good many external drive enclosures (Maybe 30-40 or so?) and honestly, the one I listed above is the ONLY one I've every bought for under ten bucks that lasted longer than a few months without either the USB input port breaking off, the micro-board inside flat out failing and causing the drive to stop being recognized or the enclosure rattling like a can of bolts after a while.

Sabrent, Vantec/NexStar, Mediasonic, Inatek (Only their more expensive models), Rosewill (Again, not the cheapest models. Their higher priced models are ok), Tripp Lite (High quality units. Usually more expensive but excellent products), Silverstone and Anker (Also makes excellent laptop batteries and USB hubs) are all pretty much trustworthy compared to the rest of what's out there as long as you don't buy their least expensive models.

The unit I listed earlier is the least expensive model I'd look at and expect to get anything that's going to last longer than a few months, if that.