Question External monitor for my Lenovo l340-17irh laptop

Jul 4, 2021
My laptops (l340-17irh) spec sheet states that it supports supports external monitor via HDMI® (up
to 4096x2160@60Hz), which basically means any external monitor I use will only output 60hz, right?

I need an external monitor for mixed use (work, some coding, reading, watching videos etc., no serious gaming besides some CSGO and hearthstone occasionally). I would appreciate some extra screen real estate, should I be aiming for 1440p or 1080p, what refresh rate etc.?
I was thinking about getting a Lenovo G32qc-10, which seems like a cheap option with nice size and resolution, but maybe a 27" one would suffice. So I'm asking you for any budget monitor suggestions, under 300$.

Thank you, any suggestions are much welcomed.

Lutfij

Titan
which basically means any external monitor I use will only output 60hz, right?
Yes

getting any monitor with a refresh rate above 60Hz would be moot sine the output from your laptop is capped at 60Hz. As for your resolution, any monitor that has a max resolution of 4096x2160 is good to go, meaning you're good to purchase a 4K panel...but I doubt you're going to need that much oomph for your eyes. 32" panels at 2K res?

Jul 4, 2021
which basically means any external monitor I use will only output 60hz, right?
Yes

getting any monitor with a refresh rate above 60Hz would be moot sine the output from your laptop is capped at 60Hz. As for your resolution, any monitor that has a max resolution of 4096x2160 is good to go, meaning you're good to purchase a 4K panel...but I doubt you're going to need that much oomph for your eyes. 32" panels at 2K res?

yeah the lenovo monitor I mentioned above is 31.5" with 1440p res., I think I'll get it even tho i won't be using its higher refresh rate capabilities.
Thank you for your reply!