extreme AMD CPU Throttle

Dakiiph

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hello everyone

So I'll resume things up.
I've got an HP Envy M6 p114dx, which rocks the AMD FX-8800P Carrizo APU, of which is really nice and all. But it's heavily limited to 15W from its 35W, limiting the chip to 37% of its computing power.

This laptop had a high price tag, and when I bought it, I didn't known about the chip throttle, so I'm looking for some help.

I've found 3 ways to fix it and I would like to know what you guys think is safer out of the three.
- Get a similar mobo, matching the case layout, but with an Intel core processor
- Flash a custom BIOS to unlock the processor
- Use some sort of App to unlock the processor

Out of the three, I like the first one better, but my only point of reference for aother mobo is from the Envy M6-ae151dx, which has a similar layout, but is rocking the 5200U.

About the other two, I'm new to hear you can flash some sort of generic BIOS to make it work, or perhaps downclock the processor, but nothing works.

Guys at HP called it quit when I asked about the mobo, replaying it was just impossible, but I doubt it, hence why I'm here.

If someone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Dakiiph

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

The fan is very weak, I've hear louder and faster fans elsewhere on cheaper machines than this.
If you look the PC up, you will also notice the fan on this particular model is firing towards the screen bottom bezel, insteal of elsewhere.
I don't know If I can get another fan to work on this motherboard, as I believe it would require the same plug, and that would be hard to find but I'm willing to go for anything so long as I could get rid of this lackluster performance.

UPDATE: It doesn't has a discrete graphics of no sorts. the FX-8800P uses the AMD Radeon R7 Graphics, which is insanely good, but again, heavily limited.