rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
I have an old 1920x1080 Samsung monitor and it is fine. But after 6-7 hours of working I get eye strain and dizzy feeling in my head. I wanted to buy new IPS monitor for this reason, but before buying, I borrowed my brothers new Asus monitor with IPS for testing. And it was even worse.

I switched to my laptop because of this. And staring at laptop screen doesn't strain my eyes even for 12 hours! (I know I'm not supposed to work like this but this is the kind of job I got. Every once in a while I sit in front of a screen all day).

My laptop is also old Lenovo 4030u - nothing special, bought it for maybe 350 usd 4 years ago.

But what does laptop screen has that big monitors don't?

I wanted to buy new one but now I'm afraid that it will be even worse!

Solution
Check the refresh rate of your monitor(and the borrowed ips monitor)
It should be a full 60hz.

IPS will give you a better quality image which is a good thing.

What are the parts of your pc?
Your graphics card/adapter should be capable of a sufficiently high refresh rate.

Your graphics card/adapter should be capable of a sufficiently high refresh rate.

Solution

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019

Both monitors are 60hz and set at 60.

I have i5 9400F, Evga GTX 1070, 24 Gb ram.

Yes, I noticed quality improvement on IPS, I even switched different color modes, but it was still too bright. Even at lower bright levels it kinda shone really sharp.