Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryJMC

Prominent
Dec 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I just came back from uni a few days ago and started using my gaming pc again, I started up Halo and as soon as clicked on the window at the bottom of the taskbar my pc instantly turned off, my screen went black and everything was off, then my pc restarted itself but there was no display input on my screen and there were no lights on my keyboard and mouse. When it restarts the EZ Debug LED on my motherboard is lit, and its under the part labelled 'CPU'.

The only way I've been able to get back in to my pc is from just leaving it overnight and then I can get back in fine. My PC works fine for just general browsing, youtube, etc. but as soon as launch a game it switches off. Although I was playing DayZ yesterday for a good couple hours with no problem but then it shut down again. So it's weird, with Halo all I have to do is boot the game and my pc switches off but with other games it lasts longer?

I don't believe my CPU is overheating because I'd be able to tell with the heat. And plus it doesn't make sense for it to instantly turn off as soon as I launch a game, it would take at least a few minutes.

I would be unable to find out the temperature when I launch something like Halo because I dont have enough time.

As I'm writing this, in idle, my CPU is at 30 degrees.

I don't believe this is an overheating issue as it wouldn't be as instant as it is.

My Full Specs are:

Intel Core i7-7700k
Geforce RTX 2070
2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM
Corsair CX600 power supply
MSI Z270 SLI Plus motherboard
SSD
HDD
Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Cooler

I hope anyone could help as this is really confusing me,

Thank you!

It may be an issue with the CPU/MB interface. First I might snug the cooler up just to see if it has any effect. If not...I would pull the cooler....reseat the CPU and repaste (while I was there) and reinstall the cooler.

I've seen the CPU light on just because the CPU wasn't seated properly.

HarryJMC

Prominent
Dec 16, 2020
It may be an issue with the CPU/MB interface. First I might snug the cooler up just to see if it has any effect. If not...I would pull the cooler....reseat the CPU and repaste (while I was there) and reinstall the cooler.

I've seen the CPU light on just because the CPU wasn't seated properly.
Yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that I did try that, I did take the cooler off and reseat the CPU, looks absolutely fine, no bent pins or anything. Reseated everything and the same problem..

Yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that I did try that, I did take the cooler off and reseat the CPU, looks absolutely fine, no bent pins or anything. Reseated everything and the same problem..
My next thought would be the PSU.
I've had bad PSUs that work for a while after you leave them overnight.
You can check the voltages with HWInfo. You want the +12V, the +5V and the + 3.3V to remain within 5% of those values always.....at idle....and under heavy load.

HarryJMC

Prominent
Dec 16, 2020
My next thought would be the PSU.
I've had bad PSUs that work for a while after you leave them overnight.
You can check the voltages with HWInfo. You want the +12V, the +5V and the + 3.3V to remain within 5% of those values always.....at idle....and under heavy load.
Okay, I'll see if I can look into the PSU. Could you give me more insight into how to check the voltages? I have HWmonitor but there's nothing that says about the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.