Fading inkjet photos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> I'm wondering why inkjet photos fade is it the ink exposure to air, if
> so then can a laminated photo stop the fading?
>
> Is it the chemical mix of ink on the photo paper, maybe some photo
> papers are better than others. If you were to print on plain paper
> then would the photo still fade?
>
> Is it the exposure to strong light such as sunlight the causes a
> inkjet photo to fade. Do photos kept in photo albums still fade?

Henry Wilhelm has a website at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/ that documents
a wide number of articles on light fade and other fade mechanisms. You can
download his 700+ page book at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/book_toc.html
(free) or study some of the numerous articles.

The short answer - paper, ink, light and air all matter.

Regards,