Build Advice Failed installing Hyper212 Evo without standoffs and backplate

Sep 29, 2020
WIP Installing Master Cooler Hyper 212 EVO LED on AMD4 processor(RyZen 5 2600) missing standoffs and backplate

I ordered a second hand tower cooler, expecting to easily find any missing parts. The main plus of the listing was the bracket included.
1778478-m0.jpg

WARNING! Different backplate may require different standoffs size.
iu

I tested that the stock Wraith Stealth cooler backplate is compatible, but the standoffs are needed. Visiting an ironmonger (hardware store) confirmed the size of the thread required - M3. My visits and calls to several PC repair stores were fruitless.

So online search commenced. The adaptor kit made by the manufacturer named
RR-AM4B-H212-S1
was out of stock. Enlarging the photo and estimating the width and length are equal to the bracket produced 6 mm hexagon length.
1778478-m2.jpg

I wanted to upload an edited image to highlight the ratio. This site does not support image hosting. I haven't registered to an image uploading site, due to other forums I use allowing to upload images from the user files.

Today I confirmed, that the bracket is compatible with AM3 Backplate, not the AM4, which is longer and narrower. Also AM4 uses imperial size thread with custom pitch.

No point of pushing further.....

Anyone in UK using a AM3 processor and willing to get a decent cooler may contact me by private message price around £10 + postage(to be checked).

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020
Host your image on Imgur and then parse a link for us to see in this thread. Also, I think for all the resources you're spending, might as well just deal with the stock cooler and then source the stand offs for the cooler.

Look above for the image upload update. I do not feel like registering to a new site just to post a picture or two at the moment.

The stock Wraith Stealth cooler has no standoffs/spacers. I had to reinstall it back.
This thread evolved from a request for information to a guide for people in the same situation.
iu

It is a bit unclear to me what "source the stand offs " means to you.

Last edited: