Question Fan confusion! Connecting Lian Lia Galahad II Trinity 360 and 7x Lian Li ST120RGB fans ?

Aug 30, 2023
I'm struggling to understand the right way to set up these fans so that the ST120RGB's be controlled by L-Connect via the Galahad II

I have 7 individual ST120's, as well as the fans on the AIO radiator. So that's 8 sets of 2 cables. One cable is RGB, the other is for the fan header.

6 of those fans were in 3 packs so came with 2 sata powered fan hubs (that fit 6 fans each).

Is it as simple as daisychaining both cables from all 7 fans, and the radiator, connecting them to the splitter cable (from the AIO) and into the AIO pump?

Does that let me use L-Connect on all fans? (Manual is unclear, it says "connect ARGB device", but this may just be to allow connection of the AIO fans. Or a single device, not 8 daisychained).

And if I do that, would the AIO have sata power enough to power all the fans, or should I include the sata powered hub from the ST120 3 pack somewhere in the daisychain to provide extra power?

Would having sata power twice in the daisychain cause problems?

I'm so confused! Please help :)

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

And you are setting up something similar to what is shown in

https://lian-li.com/l-connect3/

= = = =

What is the driving requirment for having 7+ fans?

Are there/ were there heat related problems?

Having all those fans plus RGB "requirements" may not be gaining anything in performance and the cosmetics (RGB) should be a minimal requirement.

The starting point is to read all of documentation for the installed components: motherboard, cooler, case, fans.....

Objective being to understand what all can be installed and in what configurations.

Too many fans can be counterproductive.

Is it possible for you to take a photograph of your case showing the fans and some indication of airflows?

The photo (or photos if necessary) can be posted here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Likely that there are answers to your questions but it is also likely that there are some trade-offs and other issues to be considered.