Question Fan control?

Mr Penguin

Commendable
May 17, 2019
Hello, I have recently installed three HD120 Corsair fans, they run perfectly fine apart from the sound. When I was doing research people said I was able to control the speed of the fans etc so they will speed up when my pc goes under load/ has high temps and would slow down when at idle, as currently speaking I do not know what is the average sound to a computer at idle or under load.

I was hoping speedfan would help however they are unable to find my fans - One is plugged straight into the motherboard (4pin) and then the other two are plugged into a splitter (also 4 pin) it is a three way splitter so should I also plug in the other corsair fan into it ?

My specs are: 3700x stock cooler, rtx 2070 Super, 16gb 3200mhz, 750w psu and 3 corsair HD120 and two Corsair stock fans that come with the Corsair Spec-06 RGB white.

I am one the having a quiet pc when at idle as I find it distracting and when I bought these fans all the reviews said that they sound perfectly normal and quiet at idle, but is this with a controller??

I have also installed HWMonitor and that does pick up my fans unlike Speedfan, however, I don't know how to use the program to its full advantage.

I hope you can help me as I want my fans to be controlled by the temperature of the pc, so when at idle with low tempertutes it shouldn't need to be running at 100%. I have looked in the BIOS and hardware monitor, I have turned then onto Smartfan mode however I don't really know what I am doing apart from looking a graph - My motherboard is a x570 MSI Gaming Edge WiFi.

Thanks in advance, I am sorry for poor grammar etc as I am typing this after looking for a solution for a couple of hours and I just want to start playing some games etc.

I also don't know a thing when it comes to fans etc so sorry if I am being stupid- I am open for learning.

The fan speed is controlled via the fan connectors on the motherboard. Since you have two fans connected to one connector via a splitter, they will run att the same speed, and they will be seen as one fan in BIOS or in any other software.
Your motherboard has 4x 4-pin system fan connectors, so you can connect 4 fans, each to a separate connector. Fan profiles for each of them can be set up in BIOS -> HARDWARE MONITOR.