[SOLVED] Fan Help with Ryzen 7 and RTX 3070ti

bryantnelson12

Reputable
Feb 21, 2018
Hello All,

Just upgraded my pc and am having trouble with temperatures on my CPU.

With Prime 95 running, my CPU sits at around 60 celsius, nothing to be worried about. However, when I run Furmark at the same time, the temp jumps to over 100 celsius. Obviously, the GPU heat is cranking up the CPU temp. My GPU is a founders edition and blows hot air right into my CPU heat sink.

I currently have 3 120mm fans bringing fresh air from the front, with a fourth exhausting out the back. Should I change the layout of the fans? I know that running my CPU and GPU 100% utilized at the same time is a worst-case scenario, but I don't like how those temps jump. Any suggestions?

System
CPU: Ryzen 75800x
GPU: RTX 3070ti Founders
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
Mobo: MSI X570 Gaming
PSU: Corsair 750W gold

Thanks!

Solution
Hello All,

With Prime 95 running, my CPU sits at around 60 celsius, nothing to be worried about. However, when I run Furmark at the same time, the temp jumps to over 100 celsius. Obviously, the GPU heat is cranking up the CPU temp. My GPU is a founders edition and blows hot air right into my CPU heat sink.

I currently have 3 120mm fans bringing fresh air from the front, with a fourth exhausting out the back. Should I change the layout of the fans? I know that running my CPU and GPU 100% utilized at the same time is a worst-case scenario, but I don't like how those temps jump. Any suggestions?

System
Ram: 16 GB DDR4...
Hello All,

System
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
Mobo: MSI X570 Gaming
PSU: Corsair 750W gold

Thanks!
Founders edition are notorious for lousy cooling, therefore it needs direct cool air to it's "turbine". For more efficient cooling you need to balance air intake and exhaust, just cramming more air doesn't help.
Running two torture (and I mean torture) like that is too extreme. Furmark is also known as "GPU killer", not to be used lightly let alone in conjunction with other tests.
Testing your way doesn't produce any real world results, only to find out which part will melt first.

Solution

bryantnelson12

Reputable
Feb 21, 2018
Founders edition are notorious for lousy cooling, therefore it needs direct cool air to it's "turbine". For more efficient cooling you need to balance air intake and exhaust, just cramming more air doesn't help.
Running two torture (and I mean torture) like that is too extreme. Furmark is also known as "GPU killer", not to be used lightly let alone in conjunction with other tests.
Testing your way doesn't produce any real world results, only to find out which part will melt first.

Understood. While that scenario is highly unlikely, I did want to try it out. Do you think my current airflow setup is ok, or should I switch one of my intake fans to exhaust at the back of the case?