[SOLVED] Fan runs way too fast

Nov 30, 2020
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x with the cooler that it came with.

Motherboard: Asus B450M-A Motherboard

From the moment I turn it on the fan spins at 1200+ rpm, it's very loud and annoying. If I turn the computer off and back on again it boots almost silently, but only if I let it run in the initial boot for a few minutes, if that makes sense. I can't just power it on and then immediately back off and on again or it will remain crazy loud and fast. I'm not overclocking, by the way.

I don't think the CPU is too hot as I've checked that using a bit of software, even very strenuous tasks don't push it much above 70 C (and there's no way it's boiling hot from the moment I boot it). I've also gone into the BIOS and changed the response curve for the fan but that seems to have no effect. What's weird about this is that it's only running very fast on the initial boot, and only returns to that speed after it's powered down for a while and then powered back up again. If I run it for a few minutes, turn it off and then immediately turn it back on again then the fan works normally. I'm not sure what to do!

TRENDING THREADS