What is your favourite movie of all time?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 28, 2021
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
"You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Top movies of all time that hit you in the soul?

The Road
The Grey

Top movies that have great scenes?

Hacksaw Ridge
Equilibrium
No Country For Old Men
Braveheart
Event Horizon
Fallen
Full Metal Jacket

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I like a lot of movies. I love a lot of movies. But, my favorite movie of all time is Conan the Barbarian. I would have really enjoyed seeing these movies have been completed by the specific director, actors, and most importantly...a budget. Apparently Sony owns the rights now and will not come off of them for Arnold to recast his role.

Old Molases

Prominent
May 3, 2021
It really hard to stand with just one movie...lol...My favorite ones change every year. Like for 2021 its Nobody Hitman Wife's Bodyguard. You never know its gonna change in the near future.. xD

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since I saw it so many times it felt like a 30 minute movie towards end, I have to say Monty Python and The Holy Grail
No other movie comes close to number of times I saw it.
its not exactly obscure though.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Since I saw it so many times it felt like a 30 minute movie towards end, I have to say Monty Python and The Holy Grail
No other movie comes close to number of times I saw it.
its not exactly obscure though.
I can't think of any movie that I've seen more times than Holy Grail, but that doesn't make it my favorite. It's more about availability. My favorite movie (Tarantula) was made in 1955, but it wasn't released on VHS until 1997 and not on DVD until 2011 (Blu-Ray 2019). Not sure when Holy Grail came out on VHS/DVD, but I'm sure it was more widely available.

-Wolf sends

Colif

Win 11 Master
i saw it so many times I don't need to, so I guess apart from it, the movie I watched most is Wall E. Harder to do now I don't have a blue ray in PC. I don't really watch movies anymore.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm one of those guys who's seen it so many times that at one time, I could practically recite it word for word. I USED to have an impressive library of videos, but they mostly just sat there taking up space. My HTPC died on me a couple years ago, so they my library literally was just taking up space.

-Wolf sends

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Prob the one I watch most frequently is an Angelina Jolie thriller called "Taking Lives"....serial killer film based on a novel. Love it...10/10.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
latley i just CANNOT get into bid budget blockbusters. So my new yet old pic (watched on DVD release) is Mullholand Dr. Some say its complicated, and it can be. But if you pay attention its a great character study and easier to figure out on multi viewings. Its easily a gem, perhaps the best film since its 2001 release for an indie/arthouse film. Naomi Watts begin a great career with it.

thriftyarek888

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
Aliens, Terminator 2, and the Abyss must all be enjoyed in the extended/directors cut editions.

As above plus, Avengers Infinity War, Never Ending Story, Indiana Jones (series), Uncharted (game series in particular 2 watching like a movie walkthrough...)

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
The Rock
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Middle Earth - all six films
The Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
Up For Love
The Intouchables

AgentBirdnest

Respectable
Jun 8, 2022
I love just about every genre, and it's hard to compare a goofy comedy to a war movie... but I would say that I've gotten the most joy out of watching Office Space. :D
Runner-up comedy: UHF
Drama: A Beautiful Mind
Action: Terminator 2
War: Platoon
Crime: The Iceman
Historic: Apollo 13
Horror: Poltergeist
Sci-fi: Contact
Fantasy: Willow