Fax an excel sheet

Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm using the following code to fax a really simple text excel sheet (1
sheet only with a test string only):

Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument

'Set the fax body
objFaxDocument.Body = "test.xls"

'Add recipient
objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "0123456789", "John"

'Submit the document to the fax server at localhost
objFaxDocument.Submit ("")

I'm working using Visual Basic on a Windows2003 Std machine where I've
installed Acrobat Reader and Office viewer (Excel viewer 2003).

Well, I'm seeing the Excel rendering the document but then hanging with the
XLSView process using 100% CPU.

Any idea ?
Rgds,
Christian

Charlie

I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there is
no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP

"Christian" wrote:

> I'm using the following code to fax a really simple text excel sheet (1
> sheet only with a test string only):
>
> Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument
>
> 'Set the fax body
> objFaxDocument.Body = "test.xls"
>
> 'Add recipient
> objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "0123456789", "John"
>
> 'Submit the document to the fax server at localhost
> objFaxDocument.Submit ("")
>
> I'm working using Visual Basic on a Windows2003 Std machine where I've
> installed Acrobat Reader and Office viewer (Excel viewer 2003).
>
> Well, I'm seeing the Excel rendering the document but then hanging with the
> XLSView process using 100% CPU.
>
> Any idea ?
> Rgds,
> Christian

Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
you can trust me it works perfectly with other documents (.txt, .pdf,
..jpg...) and also on the other machine where I have installed the whole
Office suite.
So is it a problem of the Excel viewer ?

Rgds,
Chris

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there
is
> no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP
>
> "Christian" wrote:
>
> > I'm using the following code to fax a really simple text excel sheet (1
> > sheet only with a test string only):
> >
> > Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument
> >
> > 'Set the fax body
> > objFaxDocument.Body = "test.xls"
> >
> > 'Add recipient
> > objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "0123456789", "John"
> >
> > 'Submit the document to the fax server at localhost
> > objFaxDocument.Submit ("")
> >
> > I'm working using Visual Basic on a Windows2003 Std machine where I've
> > installed Acrobat Reader and Office viewer (Excel viewer 2003).
> >
> > Well, I'm seeing the Excel rendering the document but then hanging with
the
> > XLSView process using 100% CPU.
> >
> > Any idea ?
> > Rgds,
> > Christian

Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:

1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does your
local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there is
> no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP

Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

But I don't want to send fax over DSL or over internet in general !!!!
I'm sending fax with local fax server through a standard analog modem.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:
>
> 1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
> telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
> through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
your
> local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

> 2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:
>
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
> Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
> http://www.savetz.com/fax/
> FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't seem to figure how to get this XP fax to work, it tells me there
is
> > no dial tone and I'm running DSL HELP

mgrenier

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I know this is an old thread but I hope someone will help me out.

I am using FAXCOMlib to fax .pdf and .xls files, both work fine. The problem I am having is that I can only fax the selected sheet. Is there a way to select which data sheet I can fax?

Thanks for the help.

mgrenier

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I realize after re-reading this it was worded poorly, I will be more specific. Excel files can have multiple sheets and I would like to know if it is possible to pick which sheet I would like to fax. The way my code is now it only faxes the sheet which is visible upon opening the document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.