Fax won't dial out

I need to know how to set up dialing options. When I try
to dial long distance from my home, I hear the recording
saying I need to dial "1" to complete the call. yet I
can't enter more than 9 numbers.

Like all of its predecessors, the Windows XP Fax service will not process
dialing rules unless the phone number to which you are sending the fax is in
"international format." Details on how to use international format to invoke
dialing rules are available here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318575

--
Russ Valentine