Feint vs Uncanny Dodge

Greetings,
So, if someone attempts to feint a rogue who has uncanny dodge,
can it work, or does uncanny dodge protect the rogue?

--
Marc

mark

"Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns962D1A175CF6mastercougarhotmailc@207.35.177.135>...
> Greetings,
> So, if someone attempts to feint a rogue who has uncanny dodge,
> can it work, or does uncanny dodge protect the rogue?

Uncanny Dodge only does what it says in the ability description: the
Rogue can lose you DEX bonus to AC by being feinted, Cowering,
Grappling.

[My golden rule for rules interpretation is to read nothing into a
rule that isn't stated explicitly, unless the results are
*unbelieveably* dumb. You can't use Sleight of Hand on a Galley (which
has no listed weight), for example, but you *can* have a flaming icy
sword].

Mark

ringofw@hotmail.com (Mark) wrote in

> Uncanny Dodge only does what it says in the ability description:
the
> Rogue can lose you DEX bonus to AC by being feinted, Cowering,
> Grappling.

I agree, just wanted to see the opinions of others. My DM seemed
to think that uncanny dodge protects against feints, I wanted some
support in my counter argument.

--
Marc

"Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> So, if someone attempts to feint a rogue who has uncanny dodge,
> can it work, or does uncanny dodge protect the rogue?

Feint works fine.

Geoff.