Fermi Heading to Laptops With GTX 480M?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Somebody queue up Bing (Crosby):

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...."

G

"I guess when their performance champ has been knocked down a few notches, there is nothing left but to focus on things that don't matter to rational people"

Obvious fanboy is obvious.

kelldore

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
It sounds enticing on paper but I have a Asus G60VX with a GeForce 260M GTX and that thing sets of nuclear flash detection sattelites in orbit once it gets warmed up. The power consumption is dare I say...rediculous. I think this will be geared towards the hardcore enthusiast crowd. I love my laptop but exposing my crotch to space shuttle level radiation and orbiter re-entry heat is not worthwhile. Curious to see what the battery life and performance is on that bad boy.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
[citation][nom]rastamandom[/nom]Amazing Taro28's water-cooled laptophttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCY [...] r_embeddedif nvidia fermi card finish in laptops this gonna become a standard[/citation]

Imagine trying to take that on a plane...

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Oh my, Nvidia just lost any hope. ¿This a re-re-rebadge of a 9800GTX+ with another OC?

mobility HD5870 destroys this pathetica gpu with half the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.