Question few second freezes in games

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
Hi!

So I begun to experience a few second freezing in video games lately.

Counter strike GO
Watch dogs 2
AC syndicate

I know these 2 Ubi games aren't perfectly ported and problematic, but they never froze for 3 second either.

Screen will just freeze (audio keeps playing, windows is fully responsive) and then continue on. Freezes may last up to 3-4 seconds.

I thought it was my gpu, but I changed the gpu and problem is still exactly the same.

Temperatures aren't high.

My specs:
CPU: i5 9400f - 70C is max for this one
GPU: evga geforce gtx 1080 sc2 - 62C
I had Dell's gtx 1070 - it could get pretty hot at 75 C sometimes.
PSU 650 Watts (i don't know the exact model) - maybe it got bad overtime?
RAM: 24 gigs - one 16 and one 8.

I know, everyone says it's a weird combination but I've had it like this for more than a year and it worked perfectly fine.

I have 3 Hdd's attached to my motherboard, and 1 SSD. So I think maybe PSU isn't working as good as it should?

UsamaJutt031379

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
Have you tried turning "Gaming Mode" Off in windows 10 ? Heard recently that is causing a nasty effect on games still.
I was also having constant glitch every second and this post really helped. I was stuck for two weeks.
I record with Windows Game Capture so the Gaming Mode option was on.

I turned it off. Now the game is like butter.

Reactions: jadc007

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
Have you tried turning "Gaming Mode" Off in windows 10 ? Heard recently that is causing a nasty effect on games still.

This made it worse tho... If I turn it off game starts to stutter droping from 60 to 55.

I don't have stuttering problem, games just freeze once every 20 minutes or so for a few seconds