Question File in my Storage Drive Prevents Windows from Booting. Help appreciated :)

thomas7140

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
So I installed Windows 10 on my ssd, and now I want to connect my two hdd storage drives. But one of the hdd's has Windows files on it. And on the boot screen it says it detected a problem and then ties to fix it, but I get a bluscreen that it can't repair F:\recovery\wimdowsRE\wimre.wim\System32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTail.txt

How can I get a system32 error on my storage drive? I know I have some backup files on it, program files, program files (86x) and Appdata. Could that be the problem?

Can I remove the files outside file explorer or is there any other way to fix this?

Any help appreciated!

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Go into your BIOS and make sure that the SSD is first in the boot priority. Should be able to get into Windows no problem assuming you installed it correctly on your SSD, after which you can delete the Windows installation on the HDD.

Edit: Are you able to boot from your SSD with the HDDs disconnected?

thomas7140

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
Go into your BIOS and make sure that the SSD is first in the boot priority. Should be able to get into Windows no problem assuming you installed it correctly on your SSD, after which you can delete the Windows installation on the HDD.

Edit: Are you able to boot from your SSD with the HDDs disconnected?
Yes, I have already booted correctly with the SSD, I'm gonna try the BIOS