in windows explorer most files are in black font
but some are in a faded black font and some are in blue font

what is the difference among the 3 methods?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

v4t9hy3d8 wrote:

> in windows explorer most files are in black font
> but some are in a faded black font and some are in blue font
>
> what is the difference among the 3 methods?

Blue means compressed.
--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Black, normal files. Faded, usually hidden files that you have changed the
setting to see them. Blue, compressed files.

"v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> in windows explorer most files are in black font
> but some are in a faded black font and some are in blue font
>
> what is the difference among the 3 methods?

Alias

"v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote

> in windows explorer most files are in black font
> but some are in a faded black font and some are in blue font
>
> what is the difference among the 3 methods?

Faded are the "hidden" files.

Black font, normal files

Blue font, compressed files.

Alias

Thanks for the tip. What is the significance of them being compressed?
anything? I hate the names of my files being in blue....how do i get them
back to normal and black?
Thanks
CM

"Jone Doe" wrote:

> Black, normal files. Faded, usually hidden files that you have changed the
> setting to see them. Blue, compressed files.
>
> "v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> > in windows explorer most files are in black font
> > but some are in a faded black font and some are in blue font
> >
> > what is the difference among the 3 methods?

If you want them to just NOT be in Blue, change the setting in Folder
Options, View. If you want them to NOT be compressed, Select them all
and then R-click and Properties and on the General tab, Advanced and
UNcheck compress contents, then Ok and Apply.