[SOLVED] File Recovery After Failed OneDrive Backup

Ariewok

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016
Hi there,

I was attempting to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a family member's computer, something I've done easily in the past. I was making sure to backup on the local files, using the family member's OneDrive account. Unfortunately, I didn't check to make sure the files backed up correctly before deleting every partition on the drive. I'm currently on the clean installation of Windows, running EaseUS Data Recovery tool. Is there a certain place you know of where files waiting to be uploaded are cached? The tool has recovered a bunch of stuff, but most of it seems like junk. I'm having trouble finding exactly where these files might be.

Any other suggestions are very welcome. I definitely messed up big time...

Thanks!

Solution
D
your files are most likely gone as you did not verify the backup contents and sizes, etc... it sounds like you started a backup on the old os, didn't verify it and blasted everything clean, am I correct? if so, and they never got uploaded, they are gone most likely
D

Deleted member 14196

your files are most likely gone as you did not verify the backup contents and sizes, etc... it sounds like you started a backup on the old os, didn't verify it and blasted everything clean, am I correct? if so, and they never got uploaded, they are gone most likely

Solution

Ariewok

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016

Yes, you are correct... Well, that's unfortunate. I'm going to keep trying with the recovery tool, because it's pulled up a few intact files so far. Still has an estimated hour and a half to go though, will post again with updates when it's done. Thanks!

That would have been on the hard drive, itself.

Consider them gone, now.

Alright... like I said above, I'll let you know if I have any luck with the recovery tool. I wasn't super hopeful but thought someone might have some magical solution. Thanks!