Final decision CM Storm scout or 690 2 advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

svadimr

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Hello all,

I'm getting to the final decision about the case and those 2 are left. From what I saw there is no much difference between the 2 except 690 2 advanced is a little bit more roomier. I can get the storm scout significantly cheaper, so is it worth to add money for the 692.

Thanks

Solution
If you are getting any 69xx series ATI cards, forget the Storm Scout, as they won't fit without a lot of cutting on the HDD cage. I went with the Azza first, then switched to the HAF 932. I suggest the older HAF 922 if you want to save a few bucks (~$100 now), and it will take any vid card. (add a couple bucks for black spraypaint to coat the MB tray tho)

popatim

Titan
The storm scout is 80 on newegg after rebate and uses drive rails (yuk imo) but I do like the angled front panel connectors

the 690 II is also 80 on newegg after rebate. It uses drive trays (i like) but I dislike the top mounted 'front panel' ports. They would not work for me as I do need them on the front.

So now that there is no price difference, get what works best for you.

svadimr

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009

Thanks. It's a difficult decision, can you give me some other differences except the size? I actually can get the storm for 70, but I'm a little bit worry because it has smaller size and can have problems with airflow or/and with big GPUs. Am I right about it?

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
If you are getting any 69xx series ATI cards, forget the Storm Scout, as they won't fit without a lot of cutting on the HDD cage. I went with the Azza first, then switched to the HAF 932. I suggest the older HAF 922 if you want to save a few bucks (~$100 now), and it will take any vid card. (add a couple bucks for black spraypaint to coat the MB tray tho)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.