'Final Fantasy 7 Remake' Will Be Split Into Multiple Parts To Create 'Its Own Unique Experience'

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
But the game has 3 very great parts of separation. Part 1, a fully fleshed out Midgard ending at leaving. Part 2, journey after Sephiroth and ending with Aerith being killed. Part 3, Weapons and the finale.

Lord_EOD

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
I'm a little confused... :(

So... instead of a whole game, I will have to buy multiple parts?
"each holding enough content for a full game."?

So.... like a movie... but its not the whole movie.... the movie is split into multiple parts... but each part has enough content for a full movie....

I can't keep up.... ok, here, take my money... multiple times....

I'm not sure how I feel about the combat change. Yes, I love Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core, but I also love the ATB system as well.

And does anyone else think Cloud's arms just look . . . weird on this new model in the latest trailer? I get that they're keeping the style from the FMV of the original games, but they've also changed Barret so he doesn't have a 60" chest, 30" thighs, and 20" waist. The model used in Advent Children didn't look this awkward.

I wish they would add on the story from the movie. Lets hope they put the original One Winged Angel track back for final Sephiroth battle. I did like "One Winged Angel 2" from the movie but it just doesn't have the same feel to it. I would welcome the addition of more of The Black Mages music in the game though.

Did you guys know at the end when you fight Sephiroth's first form and you have 3 groups you can use the middle group to kill it without switching to the others?

It looks like another bad CGI Anime novel with some simple game mechanics between to stick the videos together.

The old Final Fantasy stories barely made any sense, but the combat mechanics were fun and interesting. Now it's all about the story telling, and no one gives a damn about the Final Fantasy patented game-play mechanics anymore.

Secret characters? I doubt it, they'll all be part of the story now. Overworld map? Looks like corridors with enemies to me.

They need to answer how they'll prevent someone from ruining their experience in part 2 or 3 by being over-leveled. Will there be a level cap? Will saves be imported? Its hard not to imagine a very linear experience.

Some good points above. If there were other environments, we might have seen them. The mention of the overworld map raises questions too. Is there a point to one since its in installments? Does each new chapter add to the base game assets with a single launcher? 3 separate launchers for each? So many questions.

I'll never understand why these companies seem to think that packaging a classic game in the skin of games popular with the young adults and teenagers is going to accomplish.

Old people don't like change, and it seems the target audience for a FF7 remake would be the people who played this game on release and are now in their 30's. We are generally employed with higher income, have more spending money, and we are often parents ourselves. When compared to the younger crowds, which do not earn as much, who are generally in school or dependent on their parents.

I mean, I never bought FF7. My older brother bought it and I borrowed it.

It seems to make more sense that you would want to resell nostalgia to the people who remember it, and not cater to the ADHD generation that will only play the first 20 minutes before buying something else. I think this is going to crash and burn like Final Fantasy XIII did. Sure, you have a few obsessive fans who like the character artwork, but it's ignorant to ignore the simple fact that FF XV is supposed to be in that series, but needed to be re-branded as they were obviously not making as much money as expected on the franchise. That would also explain why most of the series has been dumped on Steam recently.
I'd argue that only the MMO's are holding that brand up financially at the moment.

Did no one at Squaresoft notice how the movie flopped? They really need to cut the big budget CGI Anime, cut the voice actors, stop with the overly detailed backdrop and just focus on what actually made the game fun. The secret weapons, the hidden dungeons, the puzzles, the interesting combat mechanics, the characters. And no, not the characters dialogue, but their unique abilities.

smalls103179

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
If the first "unique experience" cost more than $20, I'm out. I expect they'll want to charge $60 for each part though. I hope I'm wrong.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
im actually interested again if they go an action rpg route with this. ff7 i played on the pc, ir broke for me 6 times and the 7th i played on playstation but i just could not be asked to play the game again after disc one...

new combat makes me interested, so long as they dont make clouds sister lightning im ok with the remake to some extent.

imagine if they allowed you to actually role play the game, you know the death is coming, prevent it

ayurai

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
God, for that who never played any episodic games (cause that what it will be) , is just like walking dead, the dreamfall chapters, resident evil revelations 2, borderlands (telltalle) etc etc, you can pay for full game (at the same price that the game would be if it were not episodic) or you can pay only for episode one (for a reduced price... obviously ...duh) and if you like pay for the rest of the game...

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
This gen is all about remake/remaster.... and AAA titles will find the most expensive way to charge you. I won't be surprised if it cost $60USD per episode.

Thanks god FF is another series that i have no interest in.

It's quite easy to do if you want to spend time grinding and leveling.

Yet you had enough interest in it to post a comment here.

ayurai

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015

Nope it is a just totally unrealistic thought

dstarr3

Distinguished
This gen is all about remake/remaster.... and AAA titles will find the most expensive way to charge you. I won't be surprised if it cost $60USD per episode.

Thanks god FF is another series that i have no interest in.

A lot of the remakes lately, I don't mind. Let's be honest, the original FF7 has NOT aged well. A lot of games from that era haven't. It's nice to bring old classics up to date with a new coat of paint.

In the case of games that are less than 5 years old being remastered twice over already, that's a petty money-grab. But games over a decade old, games nearly two decades old, yeah, a remake is pretty nice to see.

And games that old, there are no reusable assets. It has to be completely rebuilt from scratch. MAYBE you can keep the VO work, but that's not common, and doesn't save that much money. Remaking games this old is just as expensive as making any other game. So, if this came out and the whole "experience" was $60, that's fine. That's standard AAA pricing for a AAA game that's had to be completely made from scratch. But if it costs a cent more, it's just manipulating and gouging a loyal fanbase because they know there are a lot of people that would pay anything.

Daemon0099

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
You all do remember that one of the reasons we were given over and over for not getting a FFVII remake was the overwhelming cost associated with updating that massive game right? And you all recall just how massive it was - without being anywhere near fully fleshed out?

So they decide to flesh out the world some more, and split it into multiple episodes. Revamp the combat engine to attract a larger customer base(sorry classic fans, but your revenue alone isn't enough). They'll likely charge full AAA price for each - and thats ok. Now they've given us what we've been asking for while solving the main challenges associated.

...The unique experience of being charged multiple times for DLC to open the rest of the story, remove level cap, add crafting, add zombies at night, add a career mode centered around fashion design and becoming a music star, and let's not forget pet collections followed by pet training and pet arena battles, and finally a detailed and enriching skill tree where your personal development as a pivotal character in this deep and immersive world has you collecting cards to unlock the skills you know...in your brain...on a card...in your hand...

-.-

OK, it will be nice to see a FF7 remake. But there's a LOT of distrust when I hear companies say things like this. All too often some accounting exec sees a valuable franchise as a money bag and screws it up with profit maximizing 'ideas' for the game. I'd really like to hear all the details about their release plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.