[SOLVED] finally saved money for gpu btw...

GeneralMercer

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016
saved money for gpu and monitor ,around 450 usd but the prices here (india) of the 1650 super are around 410 usd.So should i wait for them to come down or buy only gpu before they increase???

Solution
Pretty much in today’s market I think if you have the money and see a card for a semi reasonable price that you jump on it. That said, I don’t know that I put the 1650 and 1650 Super in that category only because they are entry level cards. If you were talking about a 3060 or higher then I think that rule applies.

As far as the 1650 or 1650 super today, sure they will run games but for how long are they relevant before another upgrade is needed? You might look and see what a gtx 1060 6gb goes for used or an rx 480 or 580 as those should be in the same ballpark of performance as the 1650 cards. If you can get a good deal on one of those you might go that route to hold over with the intent to upgrade later.

Lutfij

Titan
In all fairness the cost of things might just rise altogether given how things are around the world and the way things have been behind on manufacturing due to the pandemic. If you can't wait for a GPU upgrade, I'd say, go ahead with the GTX1650 Super but if you can wait, I'd ask you to hold out until the end of this year where we'll be treated to some more news about Nvidia's RTX4000 series of GPU's.

Yes the cost of GPU's are still high and they won't go back down anytime soon.

Reactions: HappyTrails

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
saved money for gpu and monitor ,around 450 usd but the prices here (india) of the 1650 super are around 410 usd.So should i wait for them to come down or buy only gpu before they increase???
That's around 30000 INR?

As far as I could find, the price of a GTX 1650 on amazon is 24000 INR, which is twice the original amount of money the card was of (13000 INR Approx.)

GTX 1650 super is absolutely more powerful than a GTX 1650, but its overpriced. You can wait it out or get it now. Who knows if the prices will increase in a few years?

Pretty much in today’s market I think if you have the money and see a card for a semi reasonable price that you jump on it. That said, I don’t know that I put the 1650 and 1650 Super in that category only because they are entry level cards. If you were talking about a 3060 or higher then I think that rule applies.

As far as the 1650 or 1650 super today, sure they will run games but for how long are they relevant before another upgrade is needed? You might look and see what a gtx 1060 6gb goes for used or an rx 480 or 580 as those should be in the same ballpark of performance as the 1650 cards. If you can get a good deal on one of those you might go that route to hold over with the intent to upgrade later.

Solution

GeneralMercer

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016

i can get a 1060 6gb used for 300 usd or usd 1070 for 370 usd,suggestions?though very hesitant to go for used :/

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Would say if have money then should buy. US cards starting to show up in stock and prices drop a little. But they saying that wont last long.

Recent I had 5700xt died. Replace with a 6700xt. Had hopes of a 3070 but they just no in stock when I searched and double price. Have the feeling that eventually gpu's be in stock more and prices come down some but with tariffs, shipping from asia and component costs we never see msrp like we used to. Felt bad about spending what I did on 6700xt but when take those in mind it wasn't a bad buy everything consider. :)

GeneralMercer

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016
Agreed, 1070 is a better card. Just not knowing the market there, those are some suggestions if you would come across a deal.
Skeptical of buying a used 1070(one runs at 100% speed) . though I have about 5 days to test the GPU and finalise purchase.Still I don't know if any store near me will replace GPU or something.im just worried it might stop working after a year or something:/

GeneralMercer

Honorable
Nov 20, 2016
In all fairness the cost of things might just rise altogether given how things are around the world and the way things have been behind on manufacturing due to the pandemic. If you can't wait for a GPU upgrade, I'd say, go ahead with the GTX1650 Super but if you can wait, I'd ask you to hold out until the end of this year where we'll be treated to some more news about Nvidia's RTX4000 series of GPU's.

Yes the cost of GPU's are still high and they won't go back down anytime soon.
even if they do release rtx wont be available for less than 500 dollars though rit?

Reactions: HappyTrails
Depends how the market goes. But right now look at amd 5000 series cards and nvidia 2000 series. They are sky high.

Not sure what availability there is like, but I was fortunate enough here to get an rx 6600xt in a store for close to msrp right after release. You might keep an eye out for those also.