Fire GL 4 cards

Hi, does anyone have need for 2 Fire GL 4 cards, we have on auction on Ebay,
thanks!

JohnS

What are they? I've noticed whopping prices on them,
but no publicity or even discussion on usenet. What's
their claim to fame? Are they better than my ATI 9600XT?

johns

"johns" <johnsxxx@mudbog.edu> wrote in message
> What are they? I've noticed whopping prices on them,
> but no publicity or even discussion on usenet. What's
> their claim to fame? Are they better than my ATI 9600XT?

Pro 3D app cards- some apps use hardware rendering for previews before the
final software render. Some Radeons can be BIOS-flashed into FireGLs. No
real performance gain in gaming terms, AFAIK. Most Radeons and Geforces
aren't certified by people like Alias (who make Maya, one of the front
running 3D apps) and therefore are likely to have problems. FireGLs and
Nvidia Quadros are certified.

During my brief, passionate affair with Maya PLE I got the impression Nvidia
cards were more highly regarded in pro circles, presumably for OpenGL
performance.

no, and yes...."