firewire external enclosure power supply

I have this unit http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MAP-302F-01

Is there any hope of replacing the power supply?

It worked fine for quite some time, then would only power up one drive, then
I needed to run the unit for about 20 minutes without a drive in it before
putting a HDD in an having it power up.

Now there are no lights when the unit it turned on.

Thanks
Bob

Leanin' Cedar wrote:
> I have this unit http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MAP-302F-01
>
> Is there any hope of replacing the power supply?
>
> It worked fine for quite some time, then would only power up one drive, then
> I needed to run the unit for about 20 minutes without a drive in it before
> putting a HDD in an having it power up.
>
> Now there are no lights when the unit it turned on.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Open the case and find out who makes the power supply
unit. But at the price being offered for the Firewire
enclosure, it might make more sense to replace it.

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message
> Open the case and find out who makes the power supply
> unit. But at the price being offered for the Firewire
> enclosure, it might make more sense to replace it.

Thanks, that was my first thought, after considering the cost of the part,
shipping, and hoping it is the problem.

Bob

You can find many enclosures at www.newegg.com , www.zipzoomfly.com .