[SOLVED] First Build - Computer Crashing

Nov 27, 2019
I just finished my first build and have been having some issues with my it. I updated the drivers and the PC boots but every time I try to do anything I get artifacting and then a crash where the monitor says no input recognized. The B450 motherboard also displays the red light next to the VGA troubleshoot display. It seems to happen any time the fans on the graphics card are activated. Could this be a symptom of an underpowered PSU? Or an issue with the graphics card itself? Could it be the CPU overheating? BIOS has CPU temps at 29c so it doesn't appear to be an issue there. I also used MSI to check graphics card temps and they were steady around 26-27c

Any help would be appreciated

Running:

Ryzen 5 2600 with wraith cooler

MSI B450 Tomahawk

16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX

Crucial BX500 SSD

Sapphire Pulse RX580

Phanteks P300

Corsair CXM550 Bronze

Windows 10 Pro

Solution
The B450 motherboard also displays the red light next to the VGA troubleshoot display.
Does PSU or rx580 have problem? nobody will know until you test. But that red light means either the PSU or GPU has problem. Also make sure the cpu does not have the bent pin.

If you have other gpu or PSU, try it out.
The B450 motherboard also displays the red light next to the VGA troubleshoot display.
Does PSU or rx580 have problem? nobody will know until you test. But that red light means either the PSU or GPU has problem. Also make sure the cpu does not have the bent pin.

If you have other gpu or PSU, try it out.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Make sure that the power cable for the gpu is fully in on both sides,so psu as well as gpu side.
Try a different cable/port as well on the gpu,see if that gives a good display.

Of course try the above suggestions by cin19 as well if possible. If you can lend a gpu from a friend would that be my first guess.