Question First Build, Debug Codes & Bootmgr Corrupt

swintzten

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Hey everyone. So after a long time, I finally have done my first build. Thought everything went okay but when I went to start it up for the first time, I entered the bios and attempted to load from my win10 pro USB that I bought off of newegg a couple years ago and never used. I usually get stuck at codes 34-36 which on my motherboard manual is described as "Post memory initialization." I did get through once to try to load windows and received the message that "bootmgr is corrupt." I can upload pictures or anything else that could help, just had to sleep on it since I was getting stressed last night.

FYI, I have tried using 1x ram stick, switching them around, re-inserting. Using XMP on and off.

System specs are as follows:

i9-9990k
MSI Z390 Godlike
GSkill TridentZ RGB 4600 (8x2)
Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB (new)
Cooler Master ML360R RGB
Phanteks Revolt X 1000W
Phanteks Evolve X

Windows 10 Pro USB formatted in FAT32

Thanks for any and all help.

swintzten

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
If it's a couple of years ago, you should use Windows Media Creation Tools to create a bootable USB installer with the latest version of the OS. You should be having smooth sailing from thereon out.
Would the usb being causing the memory post codes? Or do I probably have two different problems?

swintzten

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
If it's a couple of years ago, you should use Windows Media Creation Tools to create a bootable USB installer with the latest version of the OS. You should be having smooth sailing from thereon out.
Still stuck on code 36,
I was able to select the USB with windows to boot from but immediately went to a black screen with no inout response and post code 36 flickering to 35.

1. CPU post memory initialization. Boot Strap Processor (s) selection
  2. CPU post memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) initialization.

Apr 8, 2019
I have the same issue, minus the error codes. I am completing the $500 build, though I splurged a bit on an Asus mobo. I spent all evening making a bootable flash drive to create my partitions. I knew I should have come here first. Now my question, will my old 32 gig SanDisk thumb drive be big enough for the Win10 iso? I assume my existing Win10 license will cover it.