[SOLVED] First build ever - CPU voltage at .7 volts and fluctuating

Feb 13, 2022
Hi! Just finished my first build ever, and have some concern about the CPU voltages shown in the armoury crate utility - At first it was consistently maintaining a clock around 4.9 GHz but now its fluctuating a lot. Through that utlity I see it bounce between 0.693V and 1.2V, with a frequency fluctuation between 500 MHz and 4900 MHz respectively.

I read some other forum posts and ended up going on user benchmark, the results for the CPU looked fine on there, but I'm still concerned on the voltages, as I had issue with one of the PSU cables during the build. Any help and guidance would be amazing!

Userbenchmark link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/50476233

Build:
Case - Fractal Torrent RGB
MB - Asus z690 ProArt
CPU - Intel 12600k
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15
RAM - G Skill Trident 32GB (16x2) DDR5
GPU - Powercolor red devil 6900 XT
SSD - 2TB Firecuda 830 and 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2
PSU - Seasonic 1000w TX-1000

Solution
It is normal. Theres few settings in the bios caused the voltages to fluctuates.
  1. C state
  2. P state
  3. Turbo mode
  4. Hyper threading
  5. Hpc opt.
  6. Cpu clock ratio
  7. C1e
  8. C67/C3 or C7
  9. Cpu Eist - intel speedstep tech.
All these settings is for power effencies. The same thing goes to pcie. It is also have power efficiencies controller's settings. But i disabled all... because i am gaming maniac. But disabling power efficiencies controller will caused psu crying, hahahahaha
Feb 13, 2022
Is there any functional/performance issue ?
Doesn't seem to be, everything loads incredibly fast and I've been able to run everything I've thrown at it when gaming with no issues. Looking to see if that's normal or something I need to dive into, the voltage fluctuation makes me concerned about accelerated wear rates on the processor due to the resultant amp draw changes to maintain the same power consumption. Maybe this is a non issue though?

I took a screenshot of the performance data, the data shows min/max values over a 6 hour period, with tasks from light internet browsing to heavy gaming taking place. Link below
Photo of CPUID HWMonitor and performance info

Feb 1, 2022
It is normal. Theres few settings in the bios caused the voltages to fluctuates.
  1. C state
  2. P state
  3. Turbo mode
  4. Hyper threading
  5. Hpc opt.
  6. Cpu clock ratio
  7. C1e
  8. C67/C3 or C7
  9. Cpu Eist - intel speedstep tech.
All these settings is for power effencies. The same thing goes to pcie. It is also have power efficiencies controller's settings. But i disabled all... because i am gaming maniac. But disabling power efficiencies controller will caused psu crying, hahahahaha

Solution