First build, motherboard questions.

Fluffythecat

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
I am having trouble choosing a board.

You can find all the parts I have decided on here. The only thing I have left to pick is the motherboard.

I can tell you that my case is a Mid, so I don't see why I wouldn't go with an ATX form factor. The case has 4 fans, so I'll need a board that can accommodate those 4 plus the CPU fan.

Other than that, the only things I want is 4 RAM slots and RGB lighting

What else do I need from a motherboard?? Please share your insights with me. Help me find a board that meets all these criteria and perhaps even offers me something I didn't even know I wanted/needed.

Solution
Between Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, etc., each has 3-4 models with long feature sets. I'm sure the Gigabyte would do great, but it is likely $20-$40 more expensive than the Z270A Prime or SLI Plus, but, if you desire a certain look/color scheme with the features, I'm sure it will do great as well....
First, you'd want to choose Ryzen or Z270-based platform...

In either case, the Asus B350 prime or Asus Z270A Prime, (AMD/Intel, respectively), offers most folks everything 98% that most folks need, including SLI capability, M.2 slots, overclockability, RGB headers, great onboard audio, GB LAN port, 6 SATA ports, etc., and little extra fluff. (No 10 GB ethernet ports, no extra addin cards, no integrated wireless)

The MSI Z270 SLI Plus was also very highly rated several months back...about $140 or less...

Fluffythecat

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017

Thanks for your suggestion. I've found this motherboard that seems to fit all my needs, as well as a very unique aesthetic that I'm quite fond of. What do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJ72LNN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Between Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, etc., each has 3-4 models with long feature sets. I'm sure the Gigabyte would do great, but it is likely $20-$40 more expensive than the Z270A Prime or SLI Plus, but, if you desire a certain look/color scheme with the features, I'm sure it will do great as well....

Solution