Question [SOLVED] - Problem with my pc, Black screen

May 4, 2024
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my PC. I decided to assemble a budget gaming PC with the help of a friend who has more experience in the field than me. We then ordered the components and then once they arrived we assembled the PC.
The components are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
RAM: 16 GB 2x Klevv Bolt DDR4 3200 MHz
MOTHERBOARD: GYGABYTE A520 m S2h
GPU: MSI ventus 2x Oc Rtx 4060 8gb

The only things we haven't changed are the monitor, the power supply and the case, as well as obviously the mouse and keyboard.
However, the monitor is an Asus 1080p, the power supply is an Enermax liberty 500 w while the case is from an old pre-assembled Acer PC from 2012.

Once the PC was assembled, what basically happened was that the PC started up, all the LEDs were on, all the fans were spinning except those of the GPU and the screen remained black. We were then stuck on a black screen, so we tried to change GPU and we saw that by inserting an Rx 470 instead of the RX 4060 the PC worked without problems and the screen turned on easily. We then tried to check if the problem was the 4060, but trying it on another PC it works fine, the monitor turns on and the fans spins. We tried changing the PCI E settings in the BIOS to 3.0 since we saw that the motherboard does not support the PCI E 4 standard of the RTX 4060. In any case it shouldn't be a problem as it should still work with 3.0. Didn't work. We tried updating the bios to the latest version, we tried changing the power supply cables, we tried reassembling the PC from scratch, we tried a CMOS reset, we tried running the PC with only one bank of RAM at a time, even changing the monitor and HDMI cable. The problem persists. Is it possible that perhaps the problem is in the power supply? But it seems strange to me since by inserting an Rx 470 everything works fine

May 4, 2024
all of the RTX 4060s that i've encountered required a minimum 550w PSU.

plus i've never encountered the Liberty series from Enermax.
if it came installed in an OEM prebuilt system i would guess it also isn't top of the line.
But an RX 470 consumes more than an RTX 4060, or am I wrong? Strange that with an RX 470 the PC works while with an RTX 4060 it doesn't.

Does the Enermax Liberty ECO 500W power supply come with 6/8-PIN PCIe/PEG connectors for the GPU ?

Because your current RTX 4060 GPU requires a SINGLE 8-pin PCIe power cable. Is it plugged in ? But in any case, this Enermax PSU model is a low quality power supply unit. A basic 80 plus model, pretty OLD as well.

It's not about the power wattage, it's also about the "quality" of the power source.

Last edited:
Assuming you have this exact same PSU model, then I think it lacks PCI-E power cables for the GPU:

https://pcper.com/2009/05/enermax-liberty-eco-500w-power-supply-review/2/#ftoc-heading-3

a046-9-cables.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Legend1998
May 4, 2024
Does the Enermax Liberty ECO 500W power supply come with 6/8-PIN PCIe/PEG connectors for the GPU ?

Because your current RTX 4060 GPU requires a SINGLE 8-pin PCIe power cable. Is it plugged in ? But in any case, this Enermax PSU model is a low quality power supply unit. A basic 80 plus model, pretty OLD as well.

It's not about the power wattage, it's also about the "quality" of the power source.
yes. Also the rx 470 requires the same a 8-pin connector and with the rx 470 the PC works fine. what i'm wondering is how is it possible that with the rx 470 which also requires an 8 pin connector and consumes even more power, the pc works while with the rtx 4060 it doesn't. Maybe the new gpu's need a newer or a different type of power supply and the older ones power supply don't work with newer Gpus ? Or is it some incompatibility problem with other components or wrongly settings in BIOS?

Last edited:
May 4, 2024
What brand and model did you buy?
This one
I saw it had positive reviews and saw that it was also cheap, about $40 ( my budget was not very high )so I bought it. I think I made a good purchase

Ouch! , that's one terrible cheap/low quality PSU model. :(

Sorry, but you made a very poor decision. Most Aerocool Lux models are usually group regulated, if not all, meaning they regulate the 12v and 5v together which can cause crossloads, fluctuations etc. Basically Tier F model, with poor quality components.

You shouldn't have skimped on the PSU, since this is the most important component. Although, the power supply might work now, but replace it ASAP with a high quality PSU before it damages your PC components in the long run.

I wouldn't recommend this Aerocool LUX model to be used on any high-end gaming PC. It's too dangerous ! NEVER cheap out on the power supply. Period.

Last edited:
This one
I saw it had positive reviews and saw that it was also cheap, about $40 ( my budget was not very high )so I bought it. I think I made a good purchase
Wow, that's bad

May 4, 2024
Ouch! , that's one terrible cheap/low quality PSU model. :(

Sorry, but you made a very poor decision. Most Aerocool Lux models are usually group regulated, if not all, meaning they regulate the 12v and 5v together which can cause crossloads, fluctuations etc. Basically Tier F model, with poor quality components.

You shouldn't have skimped on the PSU, since this is the most important component. Although, the power supply might work now, but replace it ASAP with a high quality PSU before it damages your PC components in the long run.

I wouldn't recommend this Aerocool LUX model to be used on any high-end gaming PC. It's too dangerous ! NEVER cheap out on the power supply. Period.
Unfortunately I didn't have more money to invest, that's the most I could get. At the best, later I will change it but for now I will continue with this psu. At the moment everything seems to be working well