First Build.Won't boot.

Jul 4, 2018
I thought I had connected everything but it won't boot. The Power LED is on, and when I press the power button, none of the four other motherboard lights turns on *. All the fans and the HDD turn on. Not sure what other info to provide, let me know.

* In the pictures, the RAM light is on, but it is now off after removing and reinstalling the RAM.

Parts & Pictures:
0ldGdl3.png

UNIAIfa.png

FkrGzrI.jpg

xqU8wCh.jpg

And yes, I realize the mobo is overkill for this build

Solution

I believe with that motherboard - if the yellow light on the DRAM stays on, that means you either have faulty ram or its not inserted properly, make sure your ram is in the A1 and A2 slots ( i believe they should fill the last two slots farthest from your cpu) check your motherboard manual. if it still doesnt work after putting...

mitchellbedore

Honorable
Jul 3, 2018

I believe with that motherboard - if the yellow light on the DRAM stays on, that means you either have faulty ram or its not inserted properly, make sure your ram is in the A1 and A2 slots ( i believe they should fill the last two slots farthest from your cpu) check your motherboard manual. if it still doesnt work after putting them both in the right slot, take one out, rinse and repeat. i had a similar issue with my first boot.

Solution