Question First PC Build,I keep getting Kernel 41 and don't know what is causing it

Nov 4, 2020
I keep getting Kernel 41, no other details (case=0), indicating a power failure. I checked my drivers, mobo, power settings, turned off quick start up, etc. What I've found is that the issue starts when I'm using a larger portion of my processing power, usually multiple tabs of chrome, league, or valorant open (dont need to be playing) or a certain amount of time passes when operating (BIOS can be open indefinitely). However, after one restart, it will consistently happen, with my system restarting into POST every time and failing Windows startup. I think I've eliminated most issues with software so I'm thinking it's a hardware issue: should I be looking to replace mobo/psu or ram? All parts listed are new.

System specs as follows;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
CPU COOLER: be quiet! BK024 Dark Rock Slim, CPU Cooler, 180W TDP, Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM Fan, Compact Construction
MOBO:ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12,2 with Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S500/AM) [Canada Version]
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING Video Card,
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 650W 80+ Gold SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Fan Full Modular Power Supply 10 Year Warranty PS-TPD-0650FNFAGU-1
CASE: Thermaltake View 31 RGB Dual Tempered Glass SPCC ATX Mid Tower T

I'm running it at 3200, DOCP, and 1.4V rn I'll update how it goes. RAM is in A-1 B-1 rn but I'll run at A-2 B-2 then if it fails?

Yeah the manual recommend you run the RAM in A2-B2. Switch them to those slots and test them at 3200MHz first. All of this could have been because they were not in the good slots.

If it works ok at 3200MHz try 3600MHz. Your CPU should be able to go to 3600MHz.

No crash yet, but processes are very slow (discord, league, and afterburner took 1-3 minutes to start up). I will restart with ram slots swapped and see

Switch the RAM before you test anything. A2-B2 needs to be used.

Changing from 3600 to 3200 should not have made your software be that slow.

Turn DOCP on and use auto on everything except the speed that you set manually to 3200 or 3600.

Nov 4, 2020
Just got the second restart in, all processes are notably faster (around -1~2 minutes) Im going to runtest with an app that usually caused crashes in the past, SCP-Laboratory.

Nov 4, 2020
It did eventually crash pc, starting with audio cutting then to full blackscreen and mobo power cut within 1 second. As before, it insta restarted and I am now sitting sadge at the UEFI BIOS

Nov 4, 2020
Hm even worse performance this time: changed docp to off, chaned ez system tuning to normal instead of ASUS Optimal, one stick in A2, no other changes, and it restarted before it even got to the end of standard startup apps (discord, spotify, etc).
TLDR didnt even add any processes and it restarted

Nov 4, 2020
Update on the scenario, I tested my system with a different set of ram with similar results when overclocking and not overclocking, am investigating another psu to test system with. Have suspicions about my mobo and psu atm

Apr 27, 2021
I tried with a new 750w PSU and the result is the same. Should I look to replace my mobo?
Having the same issue were you able to find out what is causing these? here are my specs

stem Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B450M DS3H V2
BIOS: F1 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM