First time build complete. Need help with cable management.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TofuLion

Admirable
yea, my BIOS reports a much higher than normal cpu temp. not sure what's going on, but once booted other monitoring software reports much differently. even on the stock cooler, at idle temps are usually right around 2-3 C higher than the motherboard. i wouldn't worry.

i mostly use CPUID HWMonitor to monitor temps on everything.

for stress test on your CPU i suggest OCCT. it gives you real time monitoring of your temps, frequencies, voltages, usage, etc. you aren't overclocking, so much of it won't make much sense, you're just after a stable system. in order to make sure it's stable, you want to stress it a bit. this could be skipped, but it's best to see first and tweak if necessary/possible and a good way to pass the time it takes to download.

since you don't really care about benchmarks scores, OCCT is a good way to stress every component. if you were overclocking your GPU you would want something like Firestrike or Unigine Heaven to stress test your GPU. but since you won't (and i don't recommend it with that card), OCCT will work just fine.