[SOLVED] First time overclocker

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
This is my first time overclocking. I overclocked to 4900mhz, voltage is 1.300V and it feels like I'm getting less FPS than before I overclocked. Like I said this is my first time overclocking I don't really know what to change. Any input would be much appreciated. I'm using a i7 10700k and a MSI MAG Tomahawk z490 motherboard.

Solution
This is my first time overclocking. I overclocked to 4900mhz, voltage is 1.300V and it feels like I'm getting less FPS than before I overclocked. Like I said this is my first time overclocking I don't really know what to change. Any input would be much appreciated. I'm using a i7 10700k and a MSI MAG Tomahawk z490 motherboard.
Yes you would normally get better FPS if the game is CPU intensive however FPS games are more dependant on the GPU.
As it is your first time Overclocking you should search for an Overclocking guide for your MB and CPU. Here is one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsDvsC7Fo9E

Some of the principles of Overclocking for beginners are:
  1. Take your time and do...

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
I tested FPU only for 12 min. (All the time I have rn) and the max was 93C on HWMomitor and 91C on HWInfo. Would you recommend turning down the voltage? If so to what?

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
Yes on all cores. I have a 3070 FE, 16gb 3000mhz ram, i7 10700k, MSI z490 MAG, 360mm AIO, 650W 80+gold PSU. Like I said I know nothing about overclocking.

Yes you would normally get better FPS if the game is CPU intensive however FPS games are more dependant on the GPU.
As it is your first time Overclocking you should search for an Overclocking guide for your MB and CPU. Here is one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsDvsC7Fo9E

Some of the principles of Overclocking for beginners are:
  1. Take your time and do it in steps of 200Mhz using your multiplier initially in Bios.
  2. Do not make arbitrary changes in Bios without knowing the consequence.
  3. Always start your Overclock by stress testing at stock to establish a baseline.
  4. Conduct a stress test after each change in Bios and only Overclock using your Bios.

Solution