flashing motherboard with usb

marko321

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
hello my motherboard is asus striker extreme and my pc boots up fine but i get the signal error on my moniter i have checked gpu and ram and batter and taken the hdd out and the dvd writer and it boots up fine but dose not show me display, could this be due to my bios being deleted or is the mobo dead??

go into the bios set the video to the peg/pci port first and put your video cable on the gpu port. if the gpu is working you see the mb bios screen then the windows splash screen. if the video go black after the window logo screen then your display settings are too high. on power up hit f8 go into safe mode and set the display down to 640 by 480 and then reboot.

try your monitor on the monitor port of the motherboard if nothing happens turn the pc off pull your gpu see if the port turns on. if it wont turn on try clearing the cmos. by using the cmos clear jumper with the pc off. if there no video it could be the motherboard or the power supply.

marko321

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
its worked on the monitor i use now i just upgraded and i am selling this pc because it worked fine up untill it sat in my room for a week while i had my new pc so it has worked on the monitors, i cant figure out what it is but its driving me crazy