Flashing Word or Excel screen

When making changes to a document in word or excel, the top bar flashes for a
long time. The tool window is delayed or pops up only when document is
reduced (if it let's me). How do I re-run set-up? Are there any diagnostics
available to rectify problem other than re-install?

Hi,

Insert your MSOffice disk, allow setup to begin. One of the options will be
to repair the existing installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/