[SOLVED] Floppy 4 pin from psu

Aug 17, 2020
So I have my cpu cooler and exhaust fan connected together in cpu fan 1. I have a evga psu 600 watt and it has more molex connectors on it and a floppy 4 pin splitter. So far my cpu cooler and exhaust fan is connected to the same molex from psu. I was thinking can I run a splitter (floppy 4 pin to cpu fan) and plug it into cpu fan 2 so that I could run 2 more fans? Or is it all interlocked that it can’t happen? Please help and thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
So what I figured out is when you connect fans you only need to connect cpu fan to cpu fan. Other than that you can run all fans of molex connectors but they will be running all the time at 100%. If you want to hook them to motherboard then you can control speed.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What you say is confusing. Maybe post some pictures of how the fans are connected?

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Which motherboard are you using?

Aug 17, 2020
So what I figured out is when you connect fans you only need to connect cpu fan to cpu fan. Other than that you can run all fans of molex connectors but they will be running all the time at 100%. If you want to hook them to motherboard then you can control speed.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Yes that is how it works.

Still confused when you say you got two fans (cpu+back fan) connected to the cpu fan header and almost right after that start to talk about molex and that the same tow fans are run from molex.
And then you say you have a cpu fan 2 header, usually are there more than these on a motherboard so connecting more or all fans to the fan headers on the motherboard should be possible. Unless only having molex powered fans.

Aug 17, 2020
Let me be more specific. Cpu cooler is connected to cpu fan 1. Other 3 fans are running off of psu molex connectors. Everything is working smoothly so far. It’s my first time building. Only thing I have left is changing out fan in the back that came with tower. It’s a 90mm and I am going to change it out to a 120mm.