floppy drive

my floppy drive tries to work when i open a text doc on my pc. i don't know
how else to describe it. can anyone help

You removed a diskette from the diskette drive before the drive was done
with the diskette.

Put a blank diskette in the drive. Open any text file. Respond to any dialog
boxes. Then, once the drive is finished with the diskette, take it out.
--
Ted Zieglar

"southern_clansman" <southern_clansman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AB78B824-6BEA-4E18-907F-EB88712F2A7E@microsoft.com...