Folder Options Problem

- I created a folder icon on the desktop.

- right click on the icon, i see Search..., explorer, and open, where
search is selected (bold).

- when I left click to open the folder, the search companion view comes
up, instead of opening in the explorer view.

- I have gone to explorer\tools\folder options\file types\ none\folder
and selected explorer as the default, but that doesn't help.

- I think something in the registry is incorrectly set, and override
the folder options setting.

- I'm also not sure how this happenned, unless it was done via a MS
update install.

Can anyone help me????

--
ejaggers

Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes