Question Forge jar is not launching

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
I have never encountered this problem before where when I double click on the forge jar, nothing pops up to decide whether I want to download for client or server. The only thing it does is create a log file with errors in it. It only runs when I disconnect from my internet and once it finishes it says it failed to load some libraries. It is the same case as other computers in my house. Thanks for any help.

Mod note: Moving post from Apps and Software to PC Gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Code:
java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.Java6Gate.main(Java6Gate.java:48)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.getSponsorMessage(ClientInstall.java:401)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.getSponsorMessage(InstallerAction.java:60)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.updateFilePath(InstallerPanel.java:334)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.<init>(InstallerPanel.java:315)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:167)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:54)
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.buildMirrorList(MirrorData.java:84)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<init>(MirrorData.java:63)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<clinit>(MirrorData.java:17)
    ... 11 more

u could post that log file so we can see what do you miss

Jul 16, 2021
Hi,
I got the exact same problem - with exactly the same installer log message. Any solution on this? I tried uninstall and reinstall Java, and also ran Jarfix. But this - nothing...

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Hi,
I got the exact same problem - with exactly the same installer log message. Any solution on this? I tried uninstall and reinstall Java, and also ran Jarfix. But this - nothing...
It just ended up working for me after a couples days. Nothing I did was able to fix the problem. It was most likely some weird network issue because all the computers in my house were having the same issue with the jar files not launching properly. They only launched if they were disconnected from the network but they they didn't make a full and proper installataion missing some modules.