[SOLVED] fortnite and csgo microstuttering after install of new motherboard

Sep 1, 2021
so about a year ago now, i had an 8700k with a 1660ti and i upgraded my motherboard from msi to asus, ever since i did this, fortnite and csgo are the only games that i can notice microstuttering in. since those components ive upgraded, now i currently am running an i9 9900k and a evga xc3 ultra 3080, with the same motherboard and i still have noticeable micro stutters on fortnite and csgo only. please if anyone has any idea whats wrong let me know! these pc parts should not be causing this on these types of games

Solution
What other games have you tried?

What kind of micro stutter is it? Like video isn't smooth with a jitter look or are there mini pauses?

Frame rates not in sync with the monitor can give jitter look. Csgo/Fortnite, games that can easily produce high rate of frames can exceed refresh rate if not capped. What fps, resolution and Hz are you playing at?

Did you reinstall windows after motherboard change? It is recommended to do a clean install so there aren't any driver and registry conflicts.

Run userbench please and link to results page.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What other games have you tried?

What kind of micro stutter is it? Like video isn't smooth with a jitter look or are there mini pauses?

Frame rates not in sync with the monitor can give jitter look. Csgo/Fortnite, games that can easily produce high rate of frames can exceed refresh rate if not capped. What fps, resolution and Hz are you playing at?

Did you reinstall windows after motherboard change? It is recommended to do a clean install so there aren't any driver and registry conflicts.

Run userbench please and link to results page.

Solution