Eduardo Gonzalez

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
I've been getting input delay in the latest fortnite update which was Chapter 2 season 2 (12.00). I tried putting all the settings to low but nothing happened, its not the first time it happened it happened before too but from what i can remember i just resetted my PC completely and the input delay was gone (its mainly the mouse) it feels like laggy... hard to describe. i just cant be asked to do it again and besides i dont think it will work. MAINLY HAPPENS WHEN NEW SEASONS HELP PLEASE HELP its like putting a limit to what i can do, its not letting me go full potential in the game because of the input delay

Specs:
GTX 10603gb
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ram 2666mhz DDR4

Mouse: Razer Deathadder
V-sync: off
Fps capped: 120 fps
full screen mode: on
Res: 1780x1080 (same on nvidia control panel)

I even put the low latency mode on ultra and nothing.

Eduardo Gonzalez

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
the reason i i play stretched is so i can get an fps boost, When i go back to native res 1920x1080 it makes my game feel even worse it sometimes decreases the lag but when get to fight it drops down and potentially get lag

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I would suggest you not use a custom resolution. Try one of the lower standard resolutions, like 1600x900 or 1360x768, etc.

Your system should be capable of solid performance at 1920x1080, by the way. Lowering some of your game video settings could also help with your performance.

• Change directx 12 to 11 in options, apply and restart
  • Just use low latency mode with ON, ultra mode causes stutters on many setups. You gain almost nothing going from ON to Ultra anyway
  • Verify Fortnite files
  • download HWmonitor and leave it on backround, play for a bit and check temperatures of your graphics card GTX 10603gb and CPU cores 1-2 3 4 5 6 78 (MAX temperature what did the cores and gpu hit while gaming)
  • If you saw over 85-90c on the gpu then download msi afterburner and apply custom fan profile 100% from 75c onwards.
  • Download malwarebytes and run scan, if you find anything do it again after restart.
  • Open task manager => performance and in game alt-tab to see how much ram and processor are you using ingame
  • Download mouse drivers for your specific model

Last edited:
Reactions: Eduardo Gonzalez

Eduardo Gonzalez

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
I already turned my setting to the minimum, not because my pc is bad at gaming is because this game, in order to do well in competitive u should put settings to the minimum. Also when i go to 1920x1080 is when i get minor-stutters which is annoying because when i'm in a fight in-game i get those stutters which impact the way i play

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What about the peripheral lighting setting in game? Try disable it if it's on. Not sure if this setting is only for keyboard though. This setting has been known to cause input lag.

Also Synapse can cause issues as well.

Did you do the things i proposed earlier? temps where fine on processor cores and graphics card? how much ram or cpu/processor usage during gaming?

download cpu-z go to memory tab and take pic of it , post here

Open cpu-z with admnistrative rights

Jul 16, 2020
Why the odd screen resolution (vice 1920x1080)?
i am building a pc, i dont understand that should i go with ryzen 2600x or i5 9400f my gpu will be 1650 super , i want 3000mhz ram but i cant find a good mobo for it on intel, my friends told me that they get a lot of input lag on fn with ryzen so should i go with ryzen or intel will i get the delay on ryzen?Please Help me with this i want to build a pc for long term