Question Fortnite Not Running on GTX260

Sep 14, 2019
although ive read that the gtx 260 supports directx11
fortnite and some other games such as destiny 2 and conqueror's blade gave me a directx11 error
Any Suggestions besides telling me to upgrade my system?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
although ive read that the gtx 260 supports directx11
fortnite and some other games such as destiny 2 and conqueror's blade gave me a directx11 error
Any Suggestions besides telling me to upgrade my system?

Hi @Computer_Builder2

While your 260 supports Dx11 API, many Dx11 features aren't supported by your card, which may be the cause of your issues with those 2 games. Drivers alone won't add them unfortunately. Here is another user back in 2011 that had similar issues with your card. Whats your OS? Do you have the newest DX11 ver. installed? I don't play Fortnite but I read that with Season 10 you had to have DX11.

Tried this?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019
Hi @Computer_Builder2

While your 260 supports Dx11 API, many Dx11 features aren't supported by your card, which may be the cause of your issues with those 2 games. Drivers alone won't add them unfortunately. Here is another user back in 2011 that had similar issues with your card. Whats your OS? Do you have the newest DX11 ver. installed? I don't play Fortnite but I read that with Season 10 you had to have DX11.

Tried this?
I have windows 10 and I don’t play it either just wanted to test the card with a few games