Question Fortnite textures not loading properly, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
My game has for a long time had issues with loading, especially texture loading. I sometimes go into a game and I won't even see my character skin, have a harvesting tool or have any buildings load.

It looks something like this:
0156oyrh2cf21.jpg

I have a laptop that is in my opinion above average, an I hoped i had gotten rid of this problem when I bought a new one as my old laptop (with integrated graphics) did this too.
Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
RAM: 8.00GB DDR4
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050
Storage: SATA HDD 1TB (plus possible PCI-E Gen.3 SSD)

I have tried many solutions found online and some of them bring help for about one day before the issue persists.

I should get about 70-120 fps normally, but now I hardly get 60fps, freezes also happen for 3-7s. When having FPS capped at 60, game loads but usually after I've landed (10-20 seconds which causes a huge disadvantage). At one point my game worked perfectly with cap at 120fps, everything loaded before landing and fps around 70-120. Now the game is causing massive stress and annoyance because of this and makes me not wanna play.

At this point I'm not sure if it's Fortnite causing the issue or my HDD. My friend has a PC with lower specs and it works better than my higher end laptop.

My in game settings are:
3D res: 1080p
everything except view distance on low or disabled.
View distance far.
Multithread rendering on.
vsync and motionblur off.

I'm honestly looking for any solution. Please help :)

Also in task manager check while playing game how much memory fortnite is using during gameplay. You have 8gb memory but it may not be enough. Also try closing the Launcher in task manager after the game loads, you don't need it on while playing the game and it uses extra memory it may help.

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
@Fix_that_Glitch I have 2048MB video memory, I don't have CCleaner on my laptop, occasionally some Razer program cleans something from my memory or something and the loading issue persists even during the first game of the day. Could you clear up what defragging is? Thanks for the quick replies.

Not sure if this is relevant but playing in a party causes texture loading to take longer than playing solo.
I think your problem is memory related, loading textures etc is memory reliant. If your gpu video memory is getting maxed out it goes to ram, then hd space as ram. I would try to up your memory 8gb and see if that clears up your problem. Online play is always worse for video, texture than solo play. Did you try disabling the loader after you start the game? What does task manager show you when playing the game, like cpu usage, memory usage, any other programs using memory etc?

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
I think your problem is memory related, loading textures etc is memory reliant. If your gpu video memory is getting maxed out it goes to ram, then hd space as ram. I would try to up your memory 8gb and see if that clears up your problem. Online play is always worse for video, texture than solo play. Did you try disabling the loader after you start the game? What does task manager show you when playing the game, like cpu usage, memory usage, any other programs using memory etc?
I don't think my laptop allows for RAM increase. I am not home currently, but once I get home I will report back on turning off the loader and task manager stats.

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
No actually, before I did it the problem was much worse. It helped for a while since I was able to set my Nvidia settings differently. But the problem persisted even after it. I got maybe a week of decent gaming in. My game if it works, it'll work for about a week.
The store I bought my laptop from says that at normal settings the game should have 100+ fps, and I used to get more with a little more 3D res and everything else down.

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
On a website that scores HDD's and SSD's my HDD got a score of 25 (best one (HDD) had 243), with an average of 107/Mbs write and 70+/Mbs read. Comparing it to the best SSD score the website gave, it had around 3000+/Mbs on both I believe. @Fix_that_Glitch

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
Disable Mcaffe, click on tab hit exit, when you play the game. See if that helps.
Alright. I'll tell you if it changes things next time I play. On a different note, I recently got GTAV and suddenly the game exceeded VRAM. It used to be at 1040 when playing with 1080p60 full screen. Now it exceeds by 400+ if I use those settings. Lowest resolution with 60fps still exceeds 300+. Don't know what caused the over 1400 raise in usage. Might be related?

ok so after a little investigating, everybody apparently is having your problem since season 8 and especially season 9. Here is a page that goes a little into it. Go down to the you tube video and try his recommendations.
Alright. I'll tell you if it changes things next time I play. On a different note, I recently got GTAV and suddenly the game exceeded VRAM. It used to be at 1040 when playing with 1080p60 full screen. Now it exceeds by 400+ if I use those settings. Lowest resolution with 60fps still exceeds 300+. Don't know what caused the over 1400 raise in usage. Might be related?
What driver number are you on for Nvidia?

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
ok so after a little investigating, everybody apparently is having your problem since season 8 and especially season 9. Here is a page that goes a little into it. Go down to the you tube video and try his recommendations.

What driver number are you on for Nvidia?
My driver is always the latest. The yt link if you put one didn't come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.