[SOLVED] Founders edition 2060 super? HELP

Boris12341

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Hello. I am building PC first time. I can get a 2060 super but do not know which to get. Should I get the founders edition or a third party such as the Gigabyte gaming oc 3x? Help please

Solution
FE: 1650 MHz and 2 fans.
3rd Party: 1710 MHz and 3 fans.

I'm assuming they are the same price or almost.

Not much difference. 3rd party might be a little louder because of the 3rd fan. If you don't care about the small difference in clock speed it will be preference.

You can get the 2070 Super founders edition for $80 more at $499

Not much difference. 3rd party might be a little louder because of the 3rd fan. If you don't care about the small difference in clock speed it will be preference.

Solution

Boris12341

Prominent
May 24, 2020

Yes but there is the same 3rd party with 1815 MHz. Is that worth it?

Yes but there is the same 3rd party with 1815 MHz. Is that worth it?
Generally speaking I would not recommend paying much extra for factory overclocks. They're generally very gimmicky modest overclocks, only a fraction of what you should be able to achieve yourself.

Just keep in mind that its not all about power and performance.

Aftermarket cars will have different cooling and noise levels, and also different inputs.

Boris12341

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Generally speaking I would not recommend paying much extra for factory overclocks. They're generally very gimmicky modest overclocks, only a fraction of what you should be able to achieve yourself.

Aftermarket cars will have different cooling and noise levels, and also different inputs.
Yea. The thing is Newegg might be wrong. That link I sent says 1710mhz but it might be 1815. I’m not sure. I am very confused

Like I said earlier, the small difference in clock doesn't really matter. If you want that 3rd party card get the most recent one.